9.24.2008

WSOPE Horse

Of course I forget my receipt and I have to wait 25 minutes for the cage manager to find my carbon copy and another 10 to figure out how to photocopy it. Bollocks.

When I bring my receipt to the registration table they can't read it and I just give him my surname and get my seating assignment. Looking for a knife to stab myself in the eye.

Speaking of which, I found out that that giant ferris wheel is called "The London Eye.". I'm not sure why it has that name but that's what it's called.

Random night shot of "The London Eye."




Table 11 seat 7
(this is obviously the worst seat in the tournament. I'm sitting in front of a giant red light and for people to get into this section, they have to squeeze between me and the giant red light. Its like a red light prostate exam just to get by me. So poor!)

Table draw:

Seat 1: random euro that looks like a younger version of kevin from the office.
Seat 2: random american
Seat 3: andy "the Irish monk" black
Seat 4: random euro that looks like that creepy elton brown of iron chef America and good eats fame
Seat 5: random american internet kid with a retainer. Could be that timex fellow.
Seat 6: random euro that happens to be a full tilt pro and deoderant happens to be optional from where ever he's from.
Seat 7: jdn
Seat 8: Nick Binger's brother, Michael Binger.

Sausage time!

Andrew Black declares it's sausage time. He opens up a tupperware container of Irish (assuming) Sausage on the table and as it pops open, his chips go everywhere. I tell him that's why there's a no sausage on the table rule.

Mike Binger gets moved the hand after getting rolled up queens. I wish I were to get rolled up and moved.

9075 at break. Would have had a bit more if I could avoid the 3 x brick hands in razz.

Level two begins and Phil Ivey sits down in seat 8. Lovely.

I have a flaming hold'em round where I get paid off with a 2nd nut flush and a set. Up to 12500.

In razz elton brown completes with a 9 showing. Yes a 9. It only gets worse from here. Fucking razz.

I call and when the boards read 7 6 5 6 for me and he has A 9 T T. Of course he calls my bet. I lead out blind on 7th, hoping he sees it. He doesn't. He calls. With a T 9 low. He wins. I brick 7th and end up with a J 7 6 5 4.

Elton brown!!!! Your shows suck!

8100 at break. Ivey is officially the luckiest player in poker. Every hand he's opened, he's won. In the stud8 level he rivers aces up agianst my 3 pair.

My left hand with Phil Ivey.

My right hand with Phil Ivey.



3rd level...
Fuck the 3rd level.

Elton Brown is my mega mush, with Ivey a close second. I lose all my chips in Omaha on two big hands.

The first bastard of a hand is a huge multi-way pot that was 4 bet pre-flop 5 handed. I held Ah Ad 8h 9h and the flop fell 6h 7h Js. Bet bet bet. Big pot like I said. The turn is a Qd. Bet call call raise call call. 3 handed when the river comes Ts. Elton brown checks. I check. Seat 2, his name is Bruce, bets. Elton raises. This hand don't make sense. Bruce has a set of queens. Elton has to have K9 or AK. I can't call. But it's Elton. He sucks. Fuuuuuck. I fold. Bruce calls Elton shows the 8s9s for the scoop. Skull fuck me in the eye hole please.

A couple of hands later I turn a 6 high flush then river a 6 high straight and get scoped after 3 bets. .Assdffghkllljgcfd

2 orange chips going into dinner. When we come back I'll be behind the button. I will be seeking the sage like advice from Allen Cunningham over beers at all one bar.

Layne flack cracked his Breitling watch at dinner break. He's says security did it, but I'm guessing he was just flailing his arms.

4 level


Holy shit. I'm a fucking rollercoaster. Started with 2000 this level and got all in for the first time with 1400 left. Typically I made a last longer with flack when we both had 2k. Amazingly I tripled up 3 handed all in pre-flop with AA in Omaha. Never seen that before.

I got all in 4 times in that level and doubled up everytime. Once even against Ivey's lucky ass when I out drew him in razz.

Mike Binger comes back to our table and takes Andy Black's seat.

Young Kevin from the office must be getting bored. In stud8 he got me all in with A 3 5 and bricked 4 straight cards against my split kings. On 7th street I said " hope you brick!". And he did. Snap.

A few hands later he reraises me with 3 3 6 vs my Q 9 Q. We get all the money in on 4th street and I hit a flush to double up to 7500ish.

I end the level with 8500.

5th Level

Kinda spin wheels in the next level and lose my iPod to Ivey. He's never heard BlackMilk and I almost had a bet down that he would like it. Phil likes it! So much so that he keeps it with him when the table breaks.

Table break!!!!

I bet Ivey 1k that he wouldn't bring my iPod back fully charged. I think I'm free rolling.

New table draw:
Seat 1: Doyle Brunson
Seat 2: random euro
Seat 3: Max "The Italian "arrrrrr" Pirate" Pesactori
Seat 4: jdn
Seat 5: John Juanda
Seat 6: random euro
Seat 7: Jean Robert Bellande
Seat 8: Robert Williamson the 3rd

Table of death? I think not. I love it.

But then things go sour. I lose a stud hand to the random euro in seat 2 when he slow plays buried aces. I got about 3100 left when I try to get Doyle to agree to a last longer bet. He declines. This is the very next hand courtesy of pokernews.com.

Jason Newitt Eliminated in Ridiculous Stud-8 Quads Hand

Jason Newitt was all in for small change on third street, with Doyle Brunson, Max Pescatori, and John Juanda all in the hand as well.

There was some giggling at Brunson's hand by fourth street and more by fifth street. Eventually he bet it on sixth street and Pescatori got out of the way, but Juanda called.

Juanda: {K-Spades} {A-Spades} {7-Diamonds} {6-Clubs} with {5-Diamonds} {4-Hearts}-X for the low.

Brunson: an entirely astounding {Q-Hearts} {Q-Spades} {Q-Clubs} {5-Hearts} with {3-Hearts} {5-Spades} {Q-Diamonds} for the high.

Newitt: {6-Hearts} {A-Diamonds} {2-Hearts} {6-Spades} with {2-Clubs} {4-Spades} {8-?} for not very much, although he initially thought he'd won the low.

Ok, the facts are right but the details are wrong. Doyle had less chips than me. I think he had 3k and I had 3200. Doyle raised on the door card before I reraised with my A 6 2. Max and Juanda both called and checked it to 6th street before Juanda bet out and Max folded. Anyway, I'm busto and its Miller Time.

After dropping a couple hundo at black jack I run into Layne, Cantu and Madsen in the upstairs bar. More beer. I also meet the danish kid that just won the $1500 event (the first person to win a WSOPE and a WSOPAFY bracelet) and Yuval Bronshtein, who has gone deep a couple of times. Both seem to be pretty pleasant peeps.

Elton Brown also makes and appearance and we break bread over a brew.

Motherfucken' Elton Brown in the house!



Some how I get roped into a heads up tournament on the WSOP heads up video game machine. Layne backs me (scary, I know) and I get heads up with Madsen for the championship.

Madsen is a donkey.

Needless to say I lose and Layne and I hit the black jack tables to dust off another couple of hundo.

I think I'm going to play a satellite to main on Friday. I think its the best chance I have of making any money on this trip since it seems like I can only cash in sats.

JDN

No comments: