4.08.2008

Bellagio 2K

The 5 star started out with a $2100 buy in that I thought would pull in 350 to 400 players. My bad. They only get 240 and while waiting in line to buy in I can see who's going to be at my table. Allen Cunningham and Melissa Hayden are a few places behind me in line and I'm guaranteed to have at least one of them at my table. Table 41 seat 6, here I come.

Table draw:
Seat 1: empty
Seat 2: empty
Seat 3: empty
Seat 4: random crazy old guy who likes to tell me how much he's won at the Bellagio.
Seat 5: random internet kid
Seat 6: our hero
Seat 7: empty (soon filled by random Internet kid #2)
Seat 8: empty
Seat 9: Dan Druff
Seat 10: Melissa Hayden

Nothing much happens as we wait to get moved. Even though we're starting with 4k in chips it still feels like a turbo. I really only play one hand at this table while Melissa brings up the recent news story about a bunch of 3rd graders planning to kill their teacher. I think Dan Druff mentions that he didn't think 3rd graders we're that organized and that they should be praised for their motivation.

My one hand goes like this. Dan raises from under the gun to 150 and is called by Melissa. Its folded around to me and I look down at QQ and reraise to 425. Small and big blind fold. Dan calls and Melissa relucantely mucks. The flop falls 5 7 K, Dan checks, and I bet 600. Dan thinks for a while and reraises me all in. Presto? Probably. Its a really good raise from him because if I have AK, I can't fold this early in a tournament. Remember this is also a faux-turbo. I muck my Qs face up and Melissa announces that she knew what I had. Riiight you ginger. Get back to folding!

The table breaks soon after and I'm unable to get those chips back. Damn. I don't really know anyone at the next table save for Ted "I have a straight" Lawson in the 7 seat and a guy that looks like Kevin Sorbo in the 6 hole. I played with Hercules in one of the Venetian Deep Stacks and he plays pretty much like you would expect the mythical strongman to play. I don't think likes me much since the time he doubled me up at the Venetian and I asked to him to only pay me in big chips. I don't take quarters. Thanks.

So of course anytime I'm in a hand he's right there with me. It doesn't long for me to raise under the gun to 300 with 33. Herc and Ted Lawson call and the flop comes 4 7 9. I figure its a decent flop for 33 so I bet out 700. Sorbo calls and Ted reraises. I haven't played with Ted enough to know what that means so I quickly fold and so does Kevin.

I pretty much fold to the break and end up with the 1300 going into the first break and the next level at 100/200. I'm in all in or fold mode which I like because I don't really have any decisions to make. Fold weak aces early and shove with any decent hand middle to late.

It doesnt take long for me to pick up 77 in middle position behind a limper and a standard raise to 600. It folds back around to the young raiser and I tell him that its ok to fold. Facing my big min raise all in, he makes the correct play and calls. He opens up KJ. The original limper claims that he KJ too. Ok, that makes me feel a little better about this hand. Flop falls 10 high. This is goot. Turn is a 9. Shit! No Paint! No Paint. Queen on the river and my day is done.

This was the first tournament that I've never won a hand in. So poor. I'm so over it. I need a burrito.

WTF?

JDN

No comments: