1.24.2010

Venetian Nooner

I thought it was a $125 buy in but I forgot that it was Saturday, since I never know what day it is, and the buy in is $340. That's a little steep for the ole' bankroll nowadays... Oh well I drove all the way down here. Fuck it!

Table 51 Seat 8


I think we started with 10k in chips, I didn't bother to count and we got 40 minute levels. I think. I'm watching playoff football. I can't be bothered with details.

Table draw:

Seat 1: Random White Guy
Seat 2: empty
Seat 3: Random Persan Guy who I've played with before. He thinks he's good but he sucks. So he's probably better than me.
Seat 4: RWG with a teal and purple Zoo York hoodie/windbreaker thing that he should not be wearing. It totally clashes withhis gingery pale white skin.
Seat 5: Random Older White Guy
Seat 6: Random Really Old White Guy
Seat 7: RPG aka the human rain delay. This guy is killing me. Thank god football is on. Let's hear it for the over on the Jets / Bengals game!
Seat 8: JDN
Seat 9: Random White Bloke. (he's british and a big one too)
Seat 10: RWG who looks like he's been on a 3 day martini bender.

The line is 34 1/2 points for the Jets & Bengals game. And I got a big TV to my right. Sweet!

Zoo York Ginger snaps my AJ off with 93 on a A Q 9 6 3 board. Lovely.

Bengals score.

13K at first break.

I win a big pot with 22 on a 2h 4h 4c flop in a hand with seat 1. I bet out at the flop and he min raises me. Looks like an over pair or a flush draw. I just call.

The turn is an ace. That could be a good card for him or it's gonna scare him out of the hand. I check he checks. Guess it's a flush draw or a pair of tens.

The river is the 7h. Well if he has the flush he's going to raise me if I bet out. If he's got tens he's gonna fold to a bet and check behind a check.

I bet 3500 and he folds. Bah!

The Jets score! Yay!

I'm in a big hand facing an all in bet from the Big Bloke on a board of Th 7s Js 9s. I got Qd Td.

Then the Jets score again! Yes. I can fold happy now. I fold.

14 to 7 at half time. Over bets looking good!

A Russian looking chick sits down in seat 2. She looks mean. Vodka drunk mean. I'll be sure to stay outta her way.

I just realized that this is the first time I've played a live tourney since Canada in Novmember. I didn't do a post on that trip because it sucked ass. Like all things poker for me at the moment.

The Human Rain Delay busts and all is right with the world.

The old guy in seat 6 just took off his shoes, which he had a hard time reaching cause of his big ole' saggy old man gut.

Bengals miss a field goal! FML! Someone fire that kicker!

I'm card dead but then... The Jets score a touchdown!!1! Yes. I only need 7 points in the 4th quarter. C'mon motherfuckers!

The dealer is too fat to push chips to players beyond the grasp of his Snickers Bar fingers so he's just kinda of shoveling them at players. I might need some eye protection.

Bengals score!!! Ship the over!

Then I take KK against the old man's AT and over course he hits an ace on the river to bust me. He stands up shoots and invisible arrow over the table and does a dance before trying to shake my hand.

I stare at the hand in front of me. WTF? I tell him to go fuck himself.

Well at least I win my football bet.

I'm so steamed now that I walk down to Aria to try out its new poker room.

Aria:

There's no cell phone service in the poker room. Fuck this place. I'm outta here.

Venetian 7pm

I sit down a little late play a few hands before I flop two pair with A2 on a A 2 6 board. I get all in vs a player with AK and the king hits on the river. Typical.

On my way out the Venetian I see a tweet from Mark Seif saying that Amir Vahedi died.

Fuuck.

I'm going to miss that close talking, cigar breath having bastard.

RIP My Friend



JDN

No comments: