1.28.2009

The Final 10 hours

I clock in a little before 4:30pm and by 5, I'm up $175. Thanks to aces and a flopped set of deuces, things are looking up. We'll see how long this lasts.

It don't last long because I leave the table to go play a 4/8 mix game. So much more interesting than 1/3 no limit. The games are badugi, ace to 5 triple draw, omaha hi/lo, 2 to 7 triple draw, and Chinese poker.

Unfortunately the triple draw games are not very fun to write or read about. Not to mention I probably miss at least 75% of the action.

All that I know is that beginners luck is real. The guy to my left has never played 2 to 7 before. He rattles off 4 straight hands with a 86 or better, including the wheel. On the 5th hand he bet up an ace high because he forgot what he was playing.

I didn't do any accounting for the last couple hours because, because well I was busy losing $500 in a 4/8 game. This one Asian guy that looks like a mini Kelly Kim ran hotter than the sun. He ran Phil Ivey hot.

Each game is usually 3 or 4 bet preflop and I can't catch a break. I feel like this blog should be called "I wish I was Allen Kessler."

Finally I get fed up and throw my hand down during 2 to 7 and say, "Fuck this game!".

I'm going to Chipotle to drown my sorrows in a vegi burrito.

After dinner I start high carding for $50 with the crazy Asian in seat 8. He beats me 3 outta 4 to start before I go on a tear and win 6 of 8.

Then I actually start to win hands. Then we up the ante in the high card game...

Now, this is where I usually start writing about how I got pwned by so and so. A bad beat basically. But this time I do the bad beating. I'm just gonna say that I won high card with a 4. Twice.

Sweet. I leave the mix game only down $50 or so and head to the midnight tourney.

And... That lasts about an orbit. Details aren't interesting, I'm too tired to recount the details.

Instead of heading back to the mixed game I jump into a 1/3 game and low and below, guess who's playing?

That's McLovin!!!



I play to 3:30am and when I go to check out, the floor man tells me that I'm an hour and 15 short.

...

Cocktails. I tough it out for another hour, losing a hundo, before I head home. Come Feb 22nd, I'm gonna win this bitch. Unless I'm playing the LAPC main event.

I like torturing myself.

JDN

No comments: