1.26.2009

Hades part 3

I get clocked in at 1:32 even though I've been sitting at the table since 1:15. The floor person called "Bill" is a moron.

Oh well 22.5 more hours to go and 3 days left. I'm going to try and get 12 hours in today.

The day starts out great when my aces get cracked by J8. Down $60.

I've gotten so bored that I'm counting hands per hour. It took 14 minutes for the first 9 hands and 27 minutes for 18 hands. So I'm looking at 35-40 hands an hour and in the neighborhood of 450 hands over the 12 hours that I'll be here today. Gawd that's depressing.

Retarded cocktail waitress is back. Why can't she have a day off?

I keep telling myself that this whole 40 hour thing is not about results. Otherwise I would be playing the 5/10 at bellagio. I'm just putting in hours for the overlay. Though I much rather just pay a $500 entry fee than do 40 hours in H E double hockey sticks.

I haven't won a hand yet and the guy next to me just went south for $200.

So here are my hour 18 results:
-$190
1 Heineken

2:56pm
I win my first hand of the day when my Q high holds up in a four handed pot that gets checked down. That $12 is mine bitches!

Finally win a hand with post flop betting. Of course I had to play it horrible and hit a 2 outer to win it but I'll take it non the less.

I call a $50 bet on the turn with a board reading 2c 5d 6c Qs. I hit my 3rd 3 on the river with a 3c. It tilts the guy so bad he leaves the table.

Hour #19 results:

-$220
1 Heineken

I lose a good sized pot to the crazy old guy with dyed eyebrows in seat 1 when he rivers a 3 outer with his KT vs my AK.

I finally hit a hot streak and win two more hands. I flop trip 8s and bust the middle aged house wife with my T kicker.

Then I get the crazy old dude with the eyebrows, or CODWTE, to call me down with top pair vs my two pair.

I'm on fire!!!

Hour #20 results:

-$200
1 Heineken
1 water
No pee breaks

I look down at KhQs and raise to $11. A house wife calls from the 6 seat as the big blind from the 7 hole. The flop falls Ks Kc 8s. When she bets at flop I know she has a king too. She's done the same thing when she flopped a boat and a nut flush.

So I reraise her to $45 and she moves all in for $150ish. I call as the turn and river come 2s 7s putting 4 spades on the board. She asks if I have a spade and say yes. Then she turns over K7 for the full house. Nice.

She didn't slowroll me on purpose, she's just a noob. The tilter is that her husband is on right and he slapped me on the back and said something like, "Ooh boy!"

The very next hand I limp with Kc7c and it's a family pot. The flop is Ac 9c 4c. Great! How am I going to get any action on this hand.

Seat 9 moves in for $101 from early position. Sweet. I call and then the guy to my left moves in for $225. Awesome.

Seat 9 shows 3c5c, seat 4 shows Jc6c, and open up the da nuts. I just gotta fade the 2c. It doesn't come and I'm up to down $200.

Hour #21(over the hump) results:
-$200
1 Heineken
1 shitty burrito from the food court

The shitty burrito comes back to haunt me and I make a run for the border. Time to do the deuce.

I manage to lose another couple hundred to the lesbian in seat 5 when she hits a set. Down $475.

As I sit here typing this I gotta think to myself that there might be a chance that I cannot beat 1/3 nl game. I'm definitely running cold, ie no flopped sets, no kings in two days, but can I really be this bad? Am I in right profession? Is this a profession?

I've never tried to play this much poker before and I am now realizing why. Cause it sucks. Fuck this shit I'm going home.






Well, I didn't go home. I met up with the GF and got some sushi roku.

I make back to the pokerroom before they pick me up. My luck is changing. I can feel it.

I think this hour 27. Results:
-$400
3 Heinekens
2 deuces

And would you believe, I pick up aces and flop a set! I didn't get much action but it's a step in the right direction.

11:23pm
Well that streak didn't last long. I run into a couple sets and lose another couple hundo.

To top it all off I've developed a weird zit on my hand.



I'm pretty sure I got it from the dirty ass chips. Or the video poker machines at the hooker bar. It's probably a staph infection.

I get pissed and head to the hooker bar to play some video poker. Now I know I said I wouldn't go there any more but it's been a rough day and I need to blow off some steam by losing more money.

Then something different happens. I go on video poker monster motherfucken tear! I hit quads 4 times in 15 minutes on a double bonus machine and walk away up $800 plus a free beer! YEAH BOY!

I'm even for the day. Maybe. I don't know if my accounting is correct. Probably not.

My mood instantly changes I'm happy, I'm ready for the morning, I'm going to play the midnight tournament, and I don't think I have a staph infection anymore.

I decide to play the tournament to get a change of scenery. Since I've already played 11 hours I'll just quietly walk over to the tournament area and keep the clock running.

The tournament is boring and I bust out around 1:30am. I clock out with 29.5 hours credit. Only 10.5 to go.

I'll be back tomorrow to knock this bad boy out.

JDN

No comments: