2.27.2009

Caesars 1K Final Table

I walk in as they're dealing the first hand. I blame the gf's driving skills for the delay.

Apparently I miss counted my chips and I only have 338,000 and not 388,000. Stupid Heinenkens. Oh well, let's get it going.

I don't know what table this is but I'm in seat 4.

Table draw:

Seat 1: that bad skin guy that cracked my set on day one.
Seat 2: mr 3 bets. One of this Internet nerds.
Seat 3: Tracy Nguyen, pearljammers gf
Seat 4: JDN
Seat 5: Internet nerd with bad teeth bad gums and bad hair, and no it's not Dr Pauly.
Seat 6: big dude. Really big dude.
Seat 7: rwg, a Ginger
Seat 8: rwg
Seat 9: that Mexican guy from the wsop or the human rain delay as Jeremiah calls him
Seat 10: Swedish kid

Well, I get a walk in my first big blind, which is nice. Then all the other short stacks double up with KK, KK, and QQ. The best hand I've seen is A4 off.

After 40 minutes of play we take a break. 325K. I pretty sure I had 388K to start with. I only won one hand and I still have 325K. Dealers are smoking crack.

I order a heineken and I win 2 straight hands. Up to 450K. Heineken, it's magical!

Order another heineken, win another pot. 600K.

Tracy bust the big guy with TT vs A9 and we're finally down to 9. The real final table.

In the 15K/30K level I raise from early position with 22. The Ginger in seat 6 flat call with 245K behind. Alert Will Robinson!

The flop falls 2 4 T. I check, he checks. The turn is a 7. I check again. He puts in his stack and I call. He shows AA.

Blank on the river and I rake the pot.

I'm up over 1 meeeeeeellion in chips for one hand before I pay the blinds.

Ugly Internet guy busted by clueless bad skin guy when he over shoves with AQ and goes out in 8th place. Down to 7.

Just shy of 1 million when we go on break.

Mr 3 Bets busts the rwg and we're down to 6.

Tracy puts me to the test when she moves in from the small blind for 560K with blinds at 20K/40K. I look down at 33.

Gawd! Ok. I think it through. I know she probably has an ace and a over. It's a bit of a over shove but that's not too important. I'm sure I'm racing but, do I wanna be in a race for 70% of my chips?

I finally decide to fold face up. A couple of hands later I ask her if she had A7. She says "something like that." Ding! I'm right.

Good fold by me.

Few orbits later its folded to the clueless bad skin guy in the small blind, he raises it up and the Mr 3 Bets calls. The flop comes Q J 6. Bet call. The turn is a 4. Check check. The river is another 4. I look at clueless guy and see him mouth the word "damn" and smile. 3 Bets isn't even looking at him. I wanna slap him and tell just to look to you right. He doesn't. Clueless guy slowly bets out 500k. Look at him!!! Mr 3 Bets calls and clueless guy shows Q4. C'mon internet kid, look at the people you're playing with.

After raking the pot he tries to give knucks to 3 Bets and gets denied. Listen guy, don't try to buddy up with people you just crippled.

At this point I begging to get heads up with this guy. I could get all his chips with preflop mini raises.

Clueless guy starts stacking the chips from the 2 million chip pot and when he looks down at then next hand, he limps. He's limping in a 6 handed final table. First one of the day. I instantly put him on a pair. Tens minimum.

Its folded to me in the small blind and I look down at 45 off. I call and the big blind checks. The flop comes 4 5 6. Gotcha bitch. I bet out 110K. Big blind folds and clueless bad skin guy raises to 300K. Maybe he has AA. Makes sense to me. I've seen this guy check down TT on a 7 high board.

Aces or kings make a lot of sense to me here. I'm all in for 800K. He calls pretty quickly and show 66 for top set. I'm almost drawing dead. He stands up to shake my hand and I just walk away from the table shaking my head.

6th place. Fuck me.

JDN

No comments: