2.25.2009

Caesars 1K mega stack thingy

I had the report all written up for the Caesars freeroll that I tortured myself to get into, but I accidentally deleted it from my iPod notes instead of emailing it. Thank you Apple for not having a back up for the notes. Genius bar my ass.

I had this new positive attitude and good outlook on the day then I bubbled the final 64. I had queens with 4 players left to the heads up and I moved in. I was short and of course I ran into aces. I should have folded.

On the bright side, I swapped 10% with Vee Rob and he made a run for it in the heads up finishing 4th for 6K. So at the end of my 40 hour debacle I'm up a little bit. Thanks mostly to the goofball playing high card with me in the mix game and Vee Rob going deep in the freeroll. I love poker.

On the way to Caesars I discover that they closed the Twain underpass behind Caesars. The tilt! That was my favorite short cut! Damn it.

My new positive attitude is out the window!

Table 58 seat 1

$30K in starting chips (holy shit) and 60 minute levels.

Table draw:
Seat 1: JDN
Seat 2: rwg (random white guy)
Seat 3: rwg with sunglasses and a hat.
Seat 4; rwg with sunglasses and a hat
Seat 5; rwg with sunglasses and a hoodie
Seat 6: rwg
Seat 7: rwg with sunglasses and a hat and a bracelet. Wait! What? Yes he's got a wsop bracelet on. How tacky! To top it off, it's one of the ugly 2005 ones. That's barely a bracelet.
Seat 8: rag (random Asian guy)
Seat 9: goofy white guy who I've played with before. That's all I got.
Seat 10: rwg with a visor on.

Bracelet guy is playing like a goofball and hitting every hand. He is absolutely torturing seat 10 who's got under 5K.

I play pretty tight through the first two levels and only win 4 hands. All 4 hands counted and I'm up to around 35K.

35,275 at break.

Oh snap I win the $25 chip race off and I am rounded up another $25. Sweet. Free money!

237 total players. Wow. About a 100 more than I would have guessed. First place is $60K. 18th is 4K. Good payouts.

Just saw a 50k pot where all the money went in on the turn on a 4 7 K 6 board. Seat 6 shows 64 for two pair, seat 8 shows J9 for jack high. Ummm ok. Nothing like going bust with J high.

Oh no. Vee Rob is out. There's goes my 5%.

I catch goofy bracelet guy bluffing at the river on a board of A J 7 A 2. I call with queens and I got 45K.

In the 200/400 level I call a raise from goofy bracelet guy from the small blind with AhKc. The flop comes down 3h As 5h. I bet out 2100 and get two callers, seat 5 and the goofball. The turn is a 6c. I bet 3500, seat 5 calls and goofy raises to 12,000.

Ick. His hand range is huge, but I've seen him tighten up in his level after the break. Plus this other kid is in here with who knows what. So I tank it. For a long time.

Probably the longest I've ever thought and didn't get the clock called on me. I just go through all of the hands I've seen him play. Can he do this with AQ, AJ, or AT? Yes. KK or QQ? Yes. But he could also have 24, 47, 78, A6, A5, A3, 33, 55, or 66. There's more hands I lose to than win against.

Plus there's this other kid in the hand, which makes me think he's making a move. Arghh!

Wow, while writing this, I just got a walk! Bitchen'.

I finally fold and tell the guy I give him too much credit. The kid in seat 5 says he folded a set, which I know is complete bullshit. He was on a flush draw.

I think I was right to fold even though I might have been ahead. It wasn't worth my tournament to push in on a hunch. Now if I would have had AhKh, I would have just called.

Maybe I should have check raised the flop. That would have gotten rid of one of them. I don't know. This game sucks. I wanna play PLO8. Or HORSE.

43,100 at break.

Table break!

Table 32 seat 2.

Table draw
Seat 1: rwg
Seat 2: JDN
Seat 3: rwg. Just kidding! It's Kyle "kwob" Bowker.
Seat 4: rag
Seat 5: rpg
Seat 6: I think it's Tommy Vu. He's got an orange, like Johnny Chan, and a 32 oz bottle of apple juice.
Seat 7: a guy that looks like Nolan Dalla but fatter
Seat 8: a guy that looks like John D'Agostino but taller.
Seat 9: rag
Seat 10: rwg

And.... Table break. Again!

Bullshit.

I'm not going to do a table draw cause it's going to break soon anyway. But two players from the first table are here and Blake Bluffington, I swear that's his real name, is in seat 3.

David "C4" Plastik moves into seat 1. I think he should change his nickname to "CB4." Then he can sing "Sweat from my balls" at the table.

Made the dinner break with $39,500. I basically win 4 hands preflop and lose 3 hands post flop in the last 2 levels. Treading water.

Table breaks again and I get moved to table 33 seat 3. To my left is Kyle Bowker again. Random my ass.

In the 600/1200 level I raise it up under the gun to 3200 with TT. The goofball with the bad skin on the button pushes in for 18K. He looks nervous. He's staring at the ceiling. AJ? I call. He shows AQ.

The board runs out K 4 T J 8. Fuck. Me.

18K. Argh! I get it all in on the next hand with 77 on a T high flop to get some more chips.

The very next hand it's limped to me in the big blind while I'm holding Qs4s. The flop falls J Q Q. I get some more chips.

An orbit later Tommy Vu fires at the pot on the river with 3rd pair and I call with top pair to take down the pot.

Another few hands later on the big blind, Mr Vu moves in from middle position and I call with AJ. He's shows A4. Sweet. I'm up to 50K.

Then I get aces. And everyone folds. WTF?

Then a guy who I think is Thor Hansen sits down with a ton of chips. Then he talks and I do a double take. That's not Thor! It's some kinda country bumpkin doppelganger!

The whole table can tell that he's drunk and on his first hand he raises to 4500. I happen to be in the big blind and look down at 66. I call as does the small blind before me.

The flop falls J 8 6. Cool. I bet out 12,000 to get things started. The faux Thor raises me to 27,500. I push in for another 26K and he folds. Wait! What? Drunk bastard must have had 5 high. He was getting like 4 to 1 on his money. Bah! Whatever. I got 80K... Wow. Even though it's a mega stack it's been a while since I had that much.

After another f'ing table I end the day with 71,800. A little bit below average but still in good shape.

Starts up again tomorrow at 2pm.

JDN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"i swear that's his name"

actually it's buffington.

that's why pokerwire chip counts sucked, because i know wayyyyy too many owg's names.