7.05.2008

World Series of Roshambo

I've played the WSOR each year for the past 4. The first year, I got pwned by Rafe Furst on ESPN.

In 2006 I slapped Shrunk (I was actually supposed to play Matusow but he pulled out due to crazy) when I beat him in the 1st round and lost to Jim Worth in the 2nd.


Shronk Catches a Hot One at 3:15 in.



Last year... I don't remember what happened last year. It was at Phil Gordon's WSOP party and I lost in the first round to someone. I was probably on a lot of drugs.

This year I went into it being able to pick my first opponent due to Phil Gordon's shoddy organization. I decided to take on one Roland de Wolfe. Now, I've played Chinese poker with Roland and I know that his strategy in these types of games is severely lacking. Let's get it on!

I snap Roland off in the first to 5 with a 5 - 3 score. Take that you white shoe wearing euro!

In the second round I draw a RWG and in the first to 7 round, he gets me down 4 - 1. Never fear, I stage an unfamiliar comeback and beat him 7 - 5.

In the 3rd round we have a threesome. A player has to lose twice, once to each player, to get eliminated. I draw Mark Vos and Melissa Hayden. Wait what? Why the fuck do I have to have a Ménage à trois with two gingers?! And one's a dude!

I take on Mark first and blank him in a 5 - love match. Haha you faux-Euro.

Melissa dispatches Mark in quick fashion also. One ginger down.

Melissa and I swap 25% at this point to ensure a break even event for both of us since the winner is guaranteed 3rd place and will pocket at least $2k. Jay Greenspan said it was cheating but WTF does he know, he's a just writer.

It was an epic battle. Pretty sure we threw at least 25 times with a streak of 8 straight ties. My hand really hurt by the time we got tied up at 4 - 4 in the best of 5 match. In the end she threw rock and I threw scissors.



Melissa ended up finishing 3rd and pocketing $1500. I secured $500 to ensure my first non-losing WSOR in 3 years. Good times.

JDN

No comments: