12.15.2008

Bellagio 5 Diamond day 2

Woke up this morning and it was snowing. Yes. Snowing in Las Vegas. On Dec. 15. Global warming my ass.

Knew I would see this today.



Table 64 seat 7
(that's the table on the stage)

Table draw... Good god

Seat 1: Ralph Perry
Seat 2: Internet kid who shops at urban outfitters. He's wearing a "It's good to be gangsta" hoodie.
Seat 3: Devon Porter, him again.
Seat 4: Doyle Brunson
Seat 5: Carlos Mortensen
Seat 6: younger Asian guy that I recgonize
Seat 7: JDN
Seat 8: Eric Cajelais or Eric Casualgay as Roland de Wolfe calls him.
Seat 9: random Asian guy

Jeebus. How do I play this table? I guess I either play crazy tight or crazy crazy. We'll how this first level goes before I make that decision.

Devon porter is starting to look a little like Roland de Wolfe.

Clonie Gowen and Howard Lederer are at the same table. Ohhhh I wish my table would break and I could move there.

Seat 9 busts when Carlos runner runners a flush on him. The failed musician from day 1 takes his seat.

Carlos is taking over the table. I sooo happy I'm on his left. Not that it would matter with the cards I'm getting.

38,400 at break. Completely card dead.

Special shout out to BJ Nemeth for letting charge my iPod during break.

The failed musician gets he kings cracked by Devon's 88. Haha. Payback is a bitch mofo!

With blinds at 500/1000 with a 100 ante, I look down at 55 under the gun and raise it to 3000. Doyle calls from the button. The flop falls 9h 8h 4s. I bet out 5000 think that he's got two overs and I could pick this pot up, even though I missed the set for at least the 30th time in a row. Doyle calls. Opps.

The turn is the Qd. I bet out quickly, throwing 11,000 out. Hope he doesn't have a queen. He folds. Sweet! That's the second hand I've won today. Back up 41k.

The very next hand, Eric Casualgay limps under the gun. Doyle, Carlos, and the small blind call. I check the option with 67. The flop comes 6 5 4. I likely. Check check, Eric bets 4k. Here comes my check raise... but the small blind calls. Arrgh. I just call. The turn is a 2. Small blind checks and I bet out 7500.

Now this is where I decided to move in if I get raised. Eric thinks about it for a while. He's shrugging his shoulders, counting out his chips, even thing picking up the cards like he's going to fold. He does that twice. Odd. He finally raises to about 22k, I didn't even bother to look really. As long as the small blind folds I'm going to snap move in. Small blind folds.

"All in."

Out of the corner of my eye I see Eric roll his eyes. Then he counts out his chips, calls, and asks if I got the nuts. I love when people call an all in and think they're losing. Now if I could just have a winning hand. One time.

He shows 33 for the 6 high straight. Ok. He took away two of my outs. I orginally thought he had an over pair or AsKs. The turn would have given him a flush draw. Obv, I was effected by that check raise bluff from Vancouver. Still got six outs.

The river is a red jack. GG.

This is only hand during the whole tournament where I was in the position to suck out and I didn't get there. WTF?

JDN

4 comments:

Eugene said...

Shouldn't you just check shove the flop there regardless of the sb call?

JDN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JDN said...

It would have been a gross over shove with 40k. A nice 14k reraise would have done the job.

Eugene said...

You're 100% right, for some reason I though more $$$ went in pre. Happy hollidays to you and hope '09 goes according to plan.