12.11.2008

Bellagio super sat

I normally don't do reports on sats (even though I should because it's the only thing I can constantly win at and bring less fail to this blog), but since this turned out to be a star studded event, it gets a write up.

Making short appearance in seat 1 was James Van Alstyne, JVA if you will.

Tony Cousineau is in seat 3 and the lovely Jennifer Tilly is in seat 7.

JVA dumps all his chips to Ms Tilly in a poorly timed continuation bluff.

The old lady in seat 2 is playing limit hold'em and I can't help but call if I'm in a hand with her.

Barry Greenstein is playing. Huh? This recession is a bitch.

I get Tony to lay down kings on a jack high flop. I show him queens. Snap.

In all honestly, which this game is all about, he might as well just have given me his chips. In the 3 way pot he tanked it after my flop bet. He said something about having kings before he made the crying call.

The turn put useless card on the board and he folded his hand face up. If you're going to make it that easy... We can do this all day.

I lose half my stack to seat 8 on a A J A 7 4 board with my AT vs his AJ. He had a big verbal tell when announced his check on the turn. I knew he had an ace but I thought I had him out kicked because he limped preflop.

1325 at break. Well... It's amazing that I actually made a break at the Bellagio but I stayed alive too long to make it to the Caesars 3pm. Bah!

I move in with A4 twice and don't get called. That's a first.

I double up with KT vs the A9 of seat 8 when a king hits the river. Sweet!

Roy Winston moves into Jennifer Tilly's seat after she ran into a flopped straight.

So, the payouts were posted (remember this is a satellite) and 18 places get seats. 19th place gets cash. $15. Yes. A $15 payout in a $1500 tournament. The tilt! Can you imagine?

I swear right now, if I get 19th, I'm dropping a deuce in the Bellagio lake.

I double up again with KJ vs 55 on flop of Q Q Q. Aiyeah. Don't worry, I get there and on the river no less. 3500.

I double yet again with AK vs QQ. A king on the flop and an ace on the turn seal the deal and I got 8k.

I punish Tony and seat 8 some more and get up to 17k. Blinds are at 300/600 with a 50 ante.

The old lady in seat 2 is missing the end of her right pinky. She could be yakuza. I will proceed with caution.

Yeeeeah boy! Made my first 2nd break at Bellagio. On the way out I make eye contact with David benyamine.

...

$16425 at break.

Here's an interesting hand. In a satellite! Crazy Russian (at least the 3rd one I've seen at this table (and Allen Kesslar doesn't seem so crazy)) raises my big blind to 2400 and I call from the with KJ off.

The flop falls 9 J 6. I think about what I should do and the CR bets 3500. WTF? The dealer burns... Whoa whoa whoa! I tell the dealer to call the floor. This guy has bet outta turn the last 3 hands he played.

This puts him on super steam. It's the cold war all over again. He's got shit and I know it. He didn't even count the chips out before he bets. After Tang (the tournament director for you non-Bellagio peeps) gives him a warning, I ask for a count. He can't even bother to count them all and says 15,000. He's got more than that.

I think a little more, letting the steam sink in a bit, before asking the dealer what the rules is. As he explains it, and I know what it is, I watch the CR as steam starts spewing out his ears.

How can I get all his chips? I think if I check raise after all this, he folds. If I bets what he bet, he folds. If I shove... If I shove he might call on accord of him being a CR. Hmmmmm.

"I'm all in." I announce. He snap calls. Oops. He shows KQ. Yeeeeah boy!

Blank blank and I'm up to 40K.

3 hands later Chad Layne (or Moore I can't remember) raises under the gun and old yakuza lady moves in. I look down at two black aces. I call. Chad whatshisname folds and she shows AQ. Sweet.

65Kish. I don't feel like counting.

With 26 players left the table breaks and I get moved to table 59. Ericka Schoenberg is in seat 6, Barry Greenstein is in seat 8, and Roy Winston is in seat 10. This table really adds to SEO value.

Roy Winston is telling stories about Allen Kesslar but he keeps calling him Allen Cunningham.

I ask Barry if he's ever played a tournament with a $15 payout. And Barry being Barry says yes, "A $3 rebuy on Stars." Everyone is a comedian.

65Kish at break.

I made $15 at video poker during the break, plus a free beer, and when I cashed out, the machine gave me a $100 bill and 15 dollar bills. WTF? I'm not playing a hand in this sat again.

Down to 19. Guaranteed $15. Sweet.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Dunno what day I'm playing yet.

Update coming on Saturday. I'm thinking about sitting out day 1 to make day 2.

JDN

1 comment:

Eugene said...

congrats, although I'd have loved to read the LVPD report "Man drops a deuce in the landmark fountain". Classic.