12.14.2008

Bellagio Doyle something Diamond something 15K

I planned to arrive a few minutes late but I forgot that the bellagio's clocks are 10 minutes slow, so I arrived 20 minutes early. Go figure.

I lose 3100 preflop to Dan Shak. It was folded to me on the button. After standard raise to 300 with QQ, Dan raises to 1300. Hmmm. I'm not sure how he plays, but he could probably do that with a lot of hands.

I reraise to 3100 and he rereraises to 8100. So poor. I look down at his ipod and he's listening to ABBA. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. I fold my queens face up and he shows kings. Pfffft!

Table draw:

Table 56 seat 6


Seat 1: rwg with a leather jacket. He looks like a failed musician.
Seat 2: rowg with a hat that says "GIBO" on it. I not going to assume the OBV and say that he's just a big fan of gibbons and ran out of money and or space on the hat to write the full word out.
Seat 3: massive white dude with an Oklahoma hoodie on. Wow. They grow them big in the cowboy state. He totally could play the Blob in the new Wolverine movie.
Seat 4: Jon "pearljammer" Turner. A ginger.
Seat 5: rwg. Probably an accountant.
Seat 6: jdn
Seat 7: Dan "my wife has giant boobs" Shak
Seat 8: rywg definitely and Internet nerd
Seat 9: rwg trying to be euro. Fail!
Seat 10: I think it's Devon Porter. He's wearing FTP and cardrunners gear. So he could be any of those guy. Maybe he's Cole Trickle.

In middle position I raise to 300 with AQ and get called by Internet kid in seat 8 and pearljammer in seat 4. The flop comes Q Q 5. Check, check, 525 from seat 8 and a call from pearl. Really?

After a moment of thought I raise to 1200. Seat 8 folds and pearl reraises to 3000. Wait what?

There's no way I'm folding this hand and if he's got 55, so be it. I'm just going to call him down. So I call.

The turn is a 4 and he bets 3600. I quickly call. After a 9 on the river, he checks it to me. Wait what?

I'm confused. I decide to play it safe and not give him the option to check raise me. I check. Pearljammer says nice hand and mucks. Sweet!

Our dealer Janet looks like she's from DragonBall Z. She not afraid to use hair gel for effect.

47825 at break. That's good

Big hand (that I avoid)! Pearljammer raises to 525, seat 5 makes it 1750. I look down a two black nines. Screw it. I fold. Seat 8, turns out to be Coby Slowball or something reraises to 4600. Seat 10, now confirmed as Devin Porter, rereraises to 16000. Holy moley!

Pearl throws it away pretty quick and seat 5 thinks about it for a few before mucking.

Coby rerereraises to something and Devon moves in. Coby calls and shows KK. Devon shows AA. Aiyeah.

Seat 5 tells Coby that he had kings too. Seat 9 says he fold QQ. Wow. The board runs out 4 8 8 9 6. Fuck.

Coby out and replaced by a rag. SAG rating tbd.

Confirmed SAG. He raised under the gun blind and called a flop bet blind.

$44,950 at break. I'm doing it wrong! But I made my 2nd 2nd break in a row.

The SAG is outta control. He's played 5 hands straight blind. And he's winning!

Card dead.

I can hear "I wanna make love in this club" on Dan Shak's headphones. I'm wearing my headphones to boot. How is he not deaf?

Completely fucking card dead the whole level until the last hand.

Super sag in seat 8 blind limps under the gun and failed musician in seat 1 raises to 800. In the small blind I look down at KdKc. I reraise to 2100.

Super sag folds, amazing, and failure boy calls. The flops comes Ac Qd Jc. I bet 4100. He calls. The turn is the jack of diamonds. Check check. He's gotta have AK right? The river is the Tc. I got a straight but the board is paired and there is a flush out there too. Check check. Cool we chop.

I show my kings and shows his 5c6c. Sweet titty fucker!? Did he not see me play a hand the whole level? Go back to your bankrupt recording studio.

$32,100 at 3rd break. That means it's Heineken time.

Still got about 80 big blinds. No need to panic but I'll order Heineken #2.

On the table behind me I just heard Doyle say, "He looks like a Jew to me." Completely out of context, it made me laugh.

Table break!


Table redraw:

Table 60 seat 10 (I hate seat 10)

Seat 1: Gibo from the other table
Seat 2: super sag from the other table
Seat 3: random Indian guy
Seat 4: random euro with a mini fan at the table.
Seat 5: rwg
Seat 6: Shane Schleger
Seat 7: random Aussie
Seat 8: john phan
Seat 9: john smith, yes that his real name. He's an old white guy with an uncreative name that's been on the tournament circuit for years.
Seat 10: JDN

As soon as I sit down john phan orders me another Heineken as well as 1 for himself and john smith.

The random Aussie is harry demetriou, jeremiah smith arch nemesis. Not sure if he's actually Aussie though.

Seat 10 + Heineken = success. I've won a couple of smallish pot with timed bets and gotten back up to 42k.

Down 37k and I'm getting kinda bored. I look down at two black 7s and raise it to 1675. Super sag, who's calmed down since moving to this table, calls. The flop falls Qs 2s 4d. I bet 2500. He calls.

The turn is something smallish that's not a spade. I bet 3600. He calls.

The river something else that's not a spade. I bet 7000. He folds. I muck 77. Sweet.

Fuck. Thinking about it, I think the flop was Qs 9h 2h. I was fading hearts. Not spades. Either way I played it the same.

Anywoot. I make it to day 2 with $45,700. 7 1/2 hours to make 700. In tournament chips. Bitchen'.

JDN

No comments: