10.23.2008

Caesars Classic $500 Omahahahaha Hi Lo

The last time I played an Omaha tournament was at the world series and I'm pretty sure I was the first person out. I wish I could say that the reason i played so bad was because I was odrunk or high but it really came down retardation.

I hope to correct the flaw in my Omaha game today. The problem, today at least is that I am high. I woke up this morning with a faucet for a nose and I was forced to take some allergy meds.

The secret phrase for today is, "Play tight motherfucker!"

Table 58 seat 8

Table draw:

Seat 1: a cowboy
Seat 2: random Asian guy
Seat 3: my accountant, I shit you not. His name is James something
Seat 4: rowg
Seat 5: rowg
Seat 6: empty
Seat 7: rowg
Seat 8: jdn
Seat 9: rowg

All the interesting people seem to be at the other end of the table.

Seat 7 is pretty horrid. He's playing any 4 cards and slow playing his made hands while betting the draws

The older guys in seats 4 and 5 couldn't wait 50 minutes to the break and had to leave to table to take a wizz. I would bet, that with the average age of this tournament at somewhere near 55, that we're going to be seeing a lot of potty breaks. It's like a faux seniors event.

Oh sweet Jesus! Allen "The Chainsaw" Kessler just sat down in seat 7. Here comes the bad beat story.

It takes all of 3 minutes for Allen to tell everyone how he busted out of the Bellagio, QQ vs AA, big deal. Then he goes on a tirade about the structure of the tourney. He walks around to each table looking for someone that he knows so that he can complain to them.

He tells Barry Schulman that he should write about it on Cardplayer.

The dealer is telling seat 7 about how his marriage fell apart after his son died in a motorcycle accident. Aiyeah! As if Omaha wasn't depressing enough Mr. "penis vein in nose" dealer man.

Made the break!! Yes! And I made 100. 5100 at break. Next level is 200/400. Holy shit. Allen was right. This does suck.

I haven't been writing any hands down cause... frankley it's damn boring.

So I lose 1100 in the first hand back from break with AAKQ. See? Boring.

My accountant is out to get me. He reraises my KK95 with AQ47 and flops an ace and the nut flush draw. I'm thinking of looking for a new accountant.

Get knocked down to 1400 when I flop a wrap on a Q 4 5 board with A346 against the Asian and my accountant. I make a low on the river but it's second best. Def looking for a new accountant. And probably a new Asian too.

The Chainsaw just called Jack Effel to complain about the structure.

I double up to 2k with 245J vs AQT9 on a A 4 T 2 4 board. Yeah boy! I got 2k. Which is kinda sad when you think about it.

I actually bluff with A466 on a 9 7 8 Q K board with my tournament life on the line, and win! Up to 4600.

My accountant busted, his job is safe, and he's replaced by a guy by 3 times his size. He looks like a garage pail kid wearing headphones. Leaky Liz? Atom Bomb? Flabby Abby? That's all I got.

I'm a rollercoaster. At my lowest I was at 1400. At my peak 6k. Then I had to double up the chainsaw when I flopped 2 pair vs his flush draw.

3100 at 2nd break. Next level is 600/1200. Fuck balls.

Yeah that didn't last long. I got it all in with two pair against a gut shot and he gets there. So poor.

Hey look! The 7pm tournament is starting! Let's get it on!

Caesars 7pm $200

Yeah well, might as well play it.

The first person I recognize at my table is the skinny white hat guy. AKA douche bag. And he's eating again. Pretty sure he only gets food at the poker table.

Table 11 seat 1

Table draw!

Seat 1:
jdn
Seat 2: heavily tattoo'd german chick. Interesting...
Seat 3: rowg
Seat 4: rywg
Seat 5: skinny white hat guy (douche bag)
Seat 6: rywg
Seat 7: rowg
Seat 8: rowg
Seat 9: empty

Heh. Well I double the white hat douche bag with 99 vs TT. He folded the best hand the hand before so I thought he would he on minor tilt which he was but I was just a step behind.

And now I'm out. 4 5 6 flop with A6 vs 99. GG.

Cocktails!

JDN

No comments: