4.19.2009

Caesars WSOPC $340 NLH Double Stack Turbo



Can someone explain to me why Caesars would have a turbo tournament and make it a double stack? It makes no sense. If anything it should be a half stack.

Anyhoo, I'm playing it. I arrive 5 minutes before the start and am greeted by a line of 60 people waiting to buy in.

Lovely. The 1K only got 116 players in it today. The prize pool should be about the same in this tourney. Plus I didn't want to commit to a 1K because there's a UFC on tonight. Go Rua!

I miss half of the first level buying in and miss another 5 minutes waiting for them to open up our table. Think ahead Skeezers peeps!

Table 2 seat 5. 12K in chips with 25 minute levels.

Table draw:
Seat 1: rowg. Very very hairy. His beard goes up to his eyes, down onto his chest, and I'm pretty sure it meets up with his back-of-the-neck hair via the path below his ear. I bet he's got a mean manvest under that salmon colored polo.
Seat 2: rag that doesn't understand the concept of a turbo
Seat 3: rwg
Seat 4: rwg kinda stinky
Seat 5: JDN
Seat 6: rwg rocking blu blockers.
Seat 7: rwg, very loud and annoying. He was also trying to pick up on our first dealer. Aim low buddy.
Seat 8: rowg. A euro.
Seat 9: rwg
Seat 10: rag

$10,850 at break. Played 2 hands and got a walk. Boring!

Back from break I order a Heineken and settle in for the long haul. Then the table breaks. Assdfgljjh!

New table is 58 seat 5. I'm stuck between two older dudes.

There's a creepy Ginger with a beard in seat 2 and Dennis Waterman is in seat 8. Times are tough.

Blinds just went up to 200/400 with a 50 ante. In 4 levels, the best hand I've seen has been A8. I'm saving up all my good hands for later.

I got 10K left. 25 big blinds, but I do my best work with 10 big blinds. I'm playing this like the turbo hundo on FTP.

The euro to my right raises to 1400 preflop and I call with 99, the best hand I've seen all day. The flop comes down 7s 8c 9c. He checks I bet 1550.

Another Heineken shows up. He moves in. I call and show my set'o'nines. He shows aces. No club. Sweet.

The turn is a 6 and the river is a 10.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Chop up the blinds and antes. (There's a joke in here somewhere but it escapes me at the moment.)

Blinds move up to 300/600 with a 75 ante. On my big blind, 3 peeps limp to me. I'm sitting on 7000 which is pretty much 10 big blinds. Action time! I move in with J2.

Everyone folds. This is how we do it. I need to get back down to 10 BBs so I can move in with more weak hands.

Right before the break it's raised to 3K and called when I'm in the small blind. I look down at QQ and move in. The big blind moves in too. Crizzap.

The other two donks fold and he shows me AA. I scoot back to stand up when a queen hits the flop. Double up to 22K.

22,025 at break.

I win the race off during the break and get up to 22,100. On a roll.

Shortly after the break another euro limps to me on the big blind and I raise to 3100 with KK. Small blind calls as does the original limper. The flop falls J 5 J. Check check and I bet 5000. Small blind, a Spaniard, calls. The other euro folds.

The Spaniard checks blind and I move in for 11k. He thinks a bit before calling and shows TT.

Blank on the river and I double to 44K.

After another break, I'm sitting on 45K, which is double average. UFC is starting.

On the button, it's limped twice to me for 1600. I look down at AK and raise to 7000. Small blind folds and big blind calls leaving him self 9K behind. What?

Fold fold and the flop comes of J 5 9. Big blind moves in. I can't fold. I call. He shows J9 off. What the fuck? Why would you call have your stack off with J9? I can understand if he moves in preflop, but just calling? It makes no sense.

I'm not drawing dead, turn is a 9. Now I am. River is a jack. Blargh.

A few hands later, the bald guy under the gun moves in for 14K and the guy next to him calls. I look down at 99 and call also.

The flop is J 3 6, pretty good for 99, and the not all in guy moves in. What? Looks like he's defending AK. I call and he shows 66 for Satan's Set. I whiff on the turn and river and I'm out.

pfffft!

JDN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.