4.15.2009

$500 HORSE Venetian Deep Stack AKA Debacle at the Venetian

I get to the Venetian around 1pm and sit down at a 4/8 Omaha hi/lo table with a half kill. I gotta kill two hours before the horse tourney starts. Might as well do it at omahahaha.

Just found out that the tourney doesn't start till 4. Blargh!

I pick up from the Omaha game at 4:00pm to play the horse. And I'm up $350. Ship it! I'm freerolling the horse!

Table draw:

Table 45 seat 3. 8k in chips, 20 minutes per game. Blargh! I like 8 hands per game way better.

Seat 1: rowg, a Greek. Kinda fat.
Seat 2: rowg named Stan. A very friendly gentleman.
Seat 3: JDN
Seat 4 rowg, apparently he won this tourney in feb. He's announced it 3 times.
Seat 5: rowg
Seat 6: rowg that looks like martin Scorsese. Complete with the giant glasses.
Seat 7: rwg
Seat 8: crazy ivan. Some Russian with a New York accent. He's channeling Tony G.

I lose 2500 in the first round of limit hold'em. At 50/100. Good gawd. At least I can last longer than 25 minutes... that's what she said.

I get it all back in Omaha and get up to 12K.

Then all hell breaks loose when razz starts. Apparently no one looked at the structure before we played. We jump up to 25 ante, 25 bring in 100/200.

Pretty much every table calls the floor over to protest and Mr Matt Savage walks over to say hi. I ask him if this is his structure.

He says no and that he just texted someone that it was bullshit. Tru dat.

10k at first break.

I pretty much stop writing shit down at this point because I lose every hand I play.

I stay alive long enough to have two old dudes in stud blind check 7th street to me when they both hit gutshot straights. Dummies. Eskimo Clark did that to me once with a straight flush. Old dudes man...

I get down to 500 and get it all in 5 or six hands in a row and chop every one.

1150 at next break.

On the button in hold'em it's limped to me with Kh7h. I call and 4 of us see the flop. All I know is that there are 2 hearts on the flop and that's all I'll ever see.

Gotta walk back to Caesars.

I play so bad.



JDN

No comments: