6.10.2009

WSOP #21 3K HORSE

The very first hand of hold'em I pick up queens and after my raise I have 4 callers. An ace flops and I call a bet to see the turn. It's not a queen and fold to another bet.

Not a good start.

Then I look down at queens again on the 3rd hand of the tournament. They hold up against a flush draw and I take down a nice 1st level pot.

That's a good sign.

Up 1K in 8 hands of hold'em.

Brasilia Room Table 198 Seat 7

I pick up another $600 in Omaha and I can clearly see the Laker game in the other side of the room. It's not ideal but it will work.

10K at break.

I run up to the iBar to meet Layne for a couple of Mango tangos while we watch the end of the first half of the Laker game.

When I get back to my table Phil Ivey is in seat 8. To my left. Great. Not only is he pretty good at poker, he's the luckiest player on the planet.

Table Draw:


Seat 1: RWG with a yellow fishing hat and a teddy bear sweatshirt on.
Seat 2: Old black guy named Ozzie that I used to play with at Hollywood Park.
Seat 3: Doyle's man servant.
Seat 4: ROWG with a sombrero
Seat 5: Older Russian guy that I've played with a lot.
Seat 6: RWG named Chad. Talks too much.
Seat 7: me myself and I
Seat 8: Phil Ivey

Omaha sucks and I did not play every hand. I just made bad calls on the river. Gotta stop doing that.

Ivey turns out to be my mush. I don 't win a hand for a whole level thanks to Phillip. 6K going into the 3rd level.

I finally win a hand in Razz against Phillip and get back up to 9K.

The Lakers just tied it up at 99 with 2 minutes left. Phillip has big money on Orlando. Noob.

Phillip is steaming slightly.

In stud, I complete with 7c (Tc 7d). Phillip raises to 400 and I call. 4th street for me is the 7s. I double bet and Phillip calls.

To make a lame story short, he calls me down the whole way and hits his club flush on 7th street.

Now this is where lucky Phillip comes into play. If he would have been paying attention to the poker game and not the basketball game he would have noticed that there were 4 clubs up and I had 2 more showing by the end of the hand.

So Phillip had to hit a 3 outer on 7th to beat me in a 6K pot.

That's how he rolls.

1725 at break. Yes 1725.

Second hand back from break I'm in the big blind and Phillip tries to raise from under the gun. But he only puts out 400 and the blinds are 150/300. That's a call. (BTW he had just raised to 600 the hand before).

Anywhoo I flop 2 pair with T2 and get called down by Ozzie and double to 3800.

Chau Chang moves to my right. Better awesome.

Back up to 5K with what I assume was a running bluff with 5s in stud. Got the Russian to fold on 6th street.

Chau Chau is petite. And he has dry hands. Long nails too.

5500 going into level 6.

I get it up to 6K before someone decides to limp for the first time in hold'em.

I call 200 from the small blind with Kh5h and Phillip checks his big blind. The flop is Ah 2h 6d. I check and Phillip bets out as expected. Ozzie, the OG limper raises to 800. I call. Phillip folds.

The turn is the Ks and I check call Ozzie.

The river is a Q and it's check check. Ozzie shows A8 off. Nice limp. Phillip cost me another 400 in chips. He's so bad for me.

4200.

I 3/4 a pot with guy wearing a sombrero to get back up to 6K.

Sometimes I play a pretty good short stack.

Just lost everything when I flopped a set of aces and lost to runner runner wheel. Down to 1600.

Doubled up in Razz against Doyle's man servant when I make a 9 6 low on 7th street.

3600 at break. Joe Stapleton is wearing a pink shirt.

I get all my chips in drawing to an 8 in razz against Ozzie and I actually get there. Back up to 8K.

88. That's lucky.

I think Terrence Chan got moved to my table.

No it's not Terrence. It's that Asian Accountant guy that got deep in the main event. Excuse my whiteness.

I didn't think I'd ever say this but thank god for limit hold'em. I get aggressive with two hands and take them both down on the turn.

Wait a second. Chau's male masseuse is getting way to close to me.

Anyway I check raise with AJ on a K Q x x board to win it and fire out with 7c7d on a Qd 9h 2d 3d board too.

Up to 17K when that Schwartz guy from the final table moves to out table.

Table break.

I move to table 239 with 15k.

Nick Frangos is on my left and Dario Alioto is in seat 3. There's also a female pokerstars pro in seat 5. She's from Brazil. No clue as to who she is.

Dario hits a royal on the last hand of limit hold'em. Luck sack.

Daniel walked by and winked at me.... What does that mean?

I end the day with 15100. I'm very happy about that and I'm even happier that Phillip has busted.

On to Day 2!

No comments: