6.13.2009

WSOP $5K Pot Limit Omaha 8 or better

Brasilia Room. Table 242. Seat 3.

Thank you. Thank you very much.



5000 in chips with 2 rebuy chips worth 5000 each.

I sweat Gavin for a bit in the stud8 / Omaha 8 tourney where he tries to get our Prince Albert bet on again. I turn it down, which I think, it a good fold on my part.

Table draw:

Seat 1: Justin Smith aka Boosted J. He just busted in 9th from the 2-7 No limit. Hopefully he's on tilt.
Seat 2: Max "The Italian Pirate" Pescatori
Seat 3: JDN
Seat 4: ROWG possible Euro
Seat 5: Random FTP Pro. Def Euro
Seat 6: RWG
Seat 7: ROWG
Seat 8: John Racecar
Seat 9: Internet Nerd with a Thunder Cats shirt on.

Max doubles me up when we both blank out on a board of 7s 9h Qh 4d 4c. I held Ah 7h x x vs his Kh Jh Th 9s. Sweet. Back up to 5000.

4500 at first break.

I gotta fold big starting hands on the flop in the 3rd level and get down to 1550. Time to use my rebuy chips.

For the first time tonight I pot it preflop to 1050 with Ac As Ks Qc. I get called 5 ways. WTF? The flop is 4 5 5. Check fold by me.

I bust the old guy next to me when he calls off all his chips with a low draw and gets counterfeited with the 2 that makes my straight.

After Thunder Cats Noooo busts and Kathy Liebert takes his seat.

I make a redonkculous lay down preflop, and I made it really quick.

I pot it in early position with A 2 Q Q to 1400 and John Racecar repots to 5K. He can only do that with 1 hand A A 2 x. Even if he has A 2 K K, I'm a huge dog. I fold. Bah!

John Racecar has been playing pretty tight. Very ABC for PLO8. So when he raises there, I know he has a big hand.

A couple of hands later into a limped pot I flop 3 pair with Q 2 7 and bet out 1200. The kid to my right repots it to 4800. WTF? Really? He has to hit the ole 1 outter for a set?

This kid is not an idiot, he's not doing it with A3. I fold. Blah fucker!

11,200 at dinner break.

Shortly after the dinner break ended I get moved to a new table. This one seems to gave more gamble than the other one.

The highlights are as follows:

Seat 1: Burno Fitoussi
Seat 2: JDN (yes I'm a highlight. I write this shit out!)
Seat 5: Rob Mizrachi
Seat 7: Ross Boatman
Seat 8: David Bach
Seat 9: Chip Jett

David Bach out!

I fold my way down to 8700 before it's folded to Bruno in the small blind. He pots it and I look down A A 4 7. I repot to 4500, Bruno puts me all in for 8700.

He shows A 2 3 9. Aces hold up and I double up to 17K.

Bruno out. He played like he had better things to do.

Man I'm tired.

A big stack RWG takes seat one.

Seat 3 busts and is replaced by a Random Euro FTP Pro. (REFTP?)

Rib Mizrachi is a beast. He's so aggressive that every time he folds preflop the guy on his right raises. Together they're kinda running over the table.

Man I'm tired.

17300 on break.

I pick up a few pots in the 400/800 by being aggressive and get up around 25K.

Then I pot it under the gun with Ad 2h 5s 7s. Rob Mizrachi calls. The flop falls 7 6 9. I bet 4500 and Rob calls.

The turn is a 4 and I check. I'm just trying to see where I'm at. Rob moves me all in.

Sooo I guess that where I'm at. I'm probably getting quartered but I have the straight redraw. Ok I call.

Rob asks me if I have A 2. I say yes and he says he thought he had A 2 too. Oh wow. He's embarrassed to turn over his hand.

Rob shows A 3 J Q. Wow.

The river is a T. Scoop! Pair of 7s for the high and A2 for the low. 51K. Ship it!

Table breaks and I get move to the next table to break. That's how I roll. Andy Bloch and Scott Clements are here.

I flop a set of deuces on a 2 6 T board and check raise the kid from my first table, all in. I show A 2 2 3 and he's got A A 3 Q. The turn is another T.

I got the high locked up since Andy Block threw away an ace.

The river is a lovely 9 that allows me to scoop! Up to 80K. That's double average ladies and gents!

The tables breaks (again) and I'm moved to a table with Daniel Negranue and Chris Reslock.

One more level and I can sleep.

I decide to play tight at this next table. So I bust 2 short stack players in one hand and get up to 100K. Yeah boy.

Then with about 10 minutes left in the level, I look down at Ac 2c x x. Its potted preflop and called 5 ways.

The flop is 3c 4c Ks. I like that. The old guy next to me bets 10K. I repot it to 38K. Everyone folds back to him. He tanks it. Shit. He's got a set of kings. I'm too tired and I didn't even take the time to think about what he had before I raised.

I got too much money in there and I make the decision to get it all in on the turn regardless of what it is. Oh, and BTW, he started the hand with about 70K.

The turn is the 9h and he shoves. I have to call. He show the Kh Kc for top set, I show my Ac 2c for nut low nut flush draw.

River is the Qc. Ding bitches!

The day ends two hands later and I bag up 185,900 in chips. That's good for chip leader and that's 50K more than anyone else.

Man I'm tired.

Back tomorrow at 2pm. You can also follow me on twitter @jdnewitt and on Poker Road's Twitter page at http://tweet.pkrrd.com/nation

JDN

No comments: