8.20.2008

The Bike $1K

Of course I'm 20 min late driving in from Marina del rey. The 105 can be a bitch. To top off the traffic nicely I can't buy into the tourney because I don't have a bike card.

I walk back to the welcome desk to stand in line and wait for the extremely inefficient process to widdle it's way down to me. Hopefully that will happen before the registration period ends.

Hey! Max "The Italian "arrrrr" Pirate" Pescatori is in line too. I ask him how the parrot is doing and how the war on ninjas is progressing before I reach the counter and the prison admission like process that follows.

Like some kind of reverse gym (where I sit on my ass and drink beer), they take my picture and print it on a card. If feel like I'm getting my mug shot taken and it would have been nice to know that the anti red eye feature was on the camera.

""it's kinda weird..." the lady behind the counter tells me. "all the better."


Braaaaaaains



Table 30 Seat 5


Table draw:
Seat 1: older white guy that I know but can't remember his name
Seat 2: Tony Ma (I was pretty much guaranteed to be at a table with him at some point in this tourney.)
Seat 3: rwg
Seat 4: Max "The Italian "arrrrr" Pirate" Pescatori
Seat 5: jdn
Seat 6: rpg
Seat 7: table break!

Table 10 seat 2


As I get to my table there's a 3 way all in on a 5 3 2 board. Two clubs. Seat 9 opens up jacks, seat 4 shows tens and seat 7 has of all things sevens.

I'm in love with this table already.

Table draw part 2

Seat 1: rwg
Seat 2: jdn
Seat 3: empty
Seat 4: rwg
Seat 5: rowg
Seat 6: rowg
Seat 7: rpg
Seat 9: rwg
Seat 10: crazy lady

I really really love this table. Crazy lady gives me 2k when she fires two bullets, on the turn and river no less, on a 9 2 9 8 6 board. She mucks when I call the 1500 river bet with A8.

A few hands later she ships me 5k when I call her down with AK vs her AQ.

I'm thinking proposing to this table. 14K at first break.

Some where behind me Maria Ho is giving her table an extended 4 hand long lesson in poker manners.

I bust seat 6 when I wake up with KK in the big blind that completely dominates his puny QQ. Haha sucka.

Turns out Seat 1 is from Tunica, Miss. (aka America's asshole) and he's having problems handling his chips. He also doesn't protect his hands. Well neither is half the table. Man I miss playing in LA.

Something smells like feet.

Tunica Boy is wearing flip flops and I'm very pleased when he busts as the rank foot smell follows him out.

22K at 2nd break.

5k. Fuck. This guy sits down in seat 7 that kinds looks like Siad 25 years after he got off the island. He's got a pompus English accent too. It might be fake. Anyway, we play a couple of hands. I win both, one with a set of aces, so I'm not really going at him.

I raise UTG with 33 and he calls in late position. The flop falls A 3 8. I check, he checks. The turn is a 9. I check again and he bets out 1200. I raise to 4200. He takes forever and makes this crying call as the river falls a J putting a possible flush on the board. I check with the intent of flat calling anything. He shoves for 12K more. I guess I call.

He shows the ole' QT off for a straight. Lovely. But I still love this table.

Not long after I flop a set of Jacks against his Kings and get four flushed on the river.

15 min later I'm stuck in traffic on the 105. I love LA.

JDN

No comments: