8.24.2008

The Legends of Poker at the Bike Main Event and something about WPT

No funny intros here. Its go time at the Bike. Until I run into Gavin. We chat for a few, catching up on the last few weeks while I miss the first orbit.

Ok! Now its go time!


Table 15 seat 5


Table draw:

Seat 1: the quiet Asian. Definately non-sag
Seat 2: rwg
Seat 3: surfer dude with Patrick Swazye Point Break high lights
Seat 4: rpg
Seat 5: jdn
Seat 6: Kyle "krisqueen or Queenkris" Wilson. A Canadian.
Seat 7: rpg
Seat 8: rag non-sag
Seat 9: Jean-Robert "I was on surviver and I have a French sounding name" Bellande

I make the first break without winning a hand but retain a chip count of 28K. How boring.

Finally win my first pot of the day with an hour left in the 2nd level.

I take 6K from Jean-Robert when I call him down with 99 on a board of 2 2 4 3 4. Up to 34K.

Daniel Negreanu is involved in a heavy flirt session with Amanda Leatherman. Kinda creepy. Does she know that he's Canadian? He's also apparently on the same Olympic team as Ali Nejad. They're both wearing Jamaica jerseys. Daniel has matching head phones and Ali has the matching shoes. I wonder if they do the two man luge. That should be the sequel to Cool Runnings. Aliwood and Kid Poker in the winter Olympics representing Jamaica. Oh the calamity.

I asked Kyle is he was embarrassed that Daniel was a Canadian too and he said, "He's French Canadian. This is expected."

Apparently there was some sort of unknown bounty on Jean-Robert. The RPG in seat 7 just called Bobby's all in of 6500 with A5 off. Bobby has JJ and I know I don't really have to finish the story. Bye bye Jean-Robert.

I smell a shipment of fail on the horizon. Wait for it. Waaaait for it. Ahhh there it is.

Going into the hand I have 40K. Coming out, I got 6K.

With blinds at 75/150 it's limped 3 ways to me in the small blind. I look down at 2 red jacks (my best preflop hand in 3 tourneys) and I raise to 650.

Two callers and the flop falls 6h Qh 8h. I bet 1500 and the sagish rag in seat reraises to 4500. I call. The turn is the Ah. I really like this card (famous last words). It gives me the 2nd nut flush and I don't think he's got Kh. Cause who raises with the 2nd nut flush draw? SAGs that's who.

He bets 8000. I'm thinking he's either got a small flush or a set. Smaller flush makes more sense since he limped preflop. I had also played with him for a couple of hours with the day before in the satellite. So my read was that he was a retarded player. And I still think it's the correct read. Just not on that hand.

So I call the turn bet. The river is some lame card of no consequence. And I check again to him. He stands up. Shakes his head. Does Hollywood thing before moving in. I can't help but call off the 17K and he shows me the KhQs. Bah.

6K going into the 2nd break. I guess that's still 30 big blinds. Short stack ninja time.

At break I get roped into singing "I fucked Erick Lindgren" with 15 other players. We were anchored by The Chainsaw. Very odd.

Jesus was also there, so I heard Jesus say fuck. Awesome. I don't think I've ever heard Chris Ferguson cuss. I was sandwiched between Scott Clements and Danny Wong. Guess it could have been worse.

I guess its for EDog's Bday. It should be on RAWvegas sometime this week. Nothing like the internets keep a 6 month old joke going. Very Niiiice.

In the 3rd level I fold till I see AK. I shove and get called by QQ. No help and I'm out.

At least there's not much traffic on Sundays.

JDN

No comments: