8.02.2008

Binion's 2pm No Limit

I decide to stick around downtown and play some cheap tournies. Binions runs about 6 tournies a day and to my credit, I've won 3 or 4 of the 10 that I've played.

I hate the bathrooms by the pokerroom. The urinals are double stalled meaning that it's two urinals per divider. It's like trying to share a twin bed with a 300 pound dude.

Table 40 seat 1

Table draw:
Seat 1: jdn
Seat 2: random old dude in scootery wheelchair thingy. ( oh he's out)
Seat 3: kevan garrett aka barbara's son. (it says so on his barge name tag)
Seat 4: barbara garrett aka kevan's mom. ((it's on her name tag too)
Seat 5: some old dude that a busted early on.
Seat 6: rowg
Seat 7: random older Asian guy that looks exactly like the lead singer from Fine Young Cannibals. Except 65 years old.
Seat 8: rwg
Seat 9: rowg
Seat 10: rwg

Gotta keep an eye on seats 3 and 4. Possible collusion.

2:45pm
Doesn't take long for me to double up and then double down when I run QQ into kevan's mom's AA. I still have a full rebuy to unload and if I bust there's a tourney at the nugget at 3pm.

2:55pm
The GF texts and tells me the water isn't working at home. It looks like this, "teh fking watr is off 4 some fcking reason!". Eek. Looks like I'll be staying at the nugget tonight. Glitter Gluch here I come.



3:02pm
I bust a short stack with QQ vs his 77 and I'm up to 4800. Kevan's mom busts someone with AA. Pretty sure she has a superuser account.

3:05pm
Break. I rebuy and add 2500 to my stack.

3:20pm
Back from break. I had to recharge with some runts from the beaver vending machine. I pulled no limes and I know I'm running good.

Pretty sure seat 6 is in love with seat 7.

3:52pm

Tables consolidate down to 2 from 3, it's a big tourny, and I move to table 39 seat 6. I'm not going to do a table draw cause the people from the first one are here too.

I get chopped down to 4k when my open ender can't catch up with top pair.

4:15pm
Busto. Got it all in against KhQh and Qd Js vs my 99. The board fell Jh 5h 4d and I had one out to win. Whiff and a whiff.

I run over to the Nugget to try to buy into their 3pm tourney but I am denied.

Guess I'll go stare at some chicks at the Nugget pool til 6. Binion's added a $150 HORSE tourney on Fridays. I predict I'll bubble it.

JDN

No comments: