11.11.2008

$300 Omaha Hi Lo Day 2 (why is a $300 tournament a 2 event?)

Before the tournament starts up again I take a seat in the bleachers (yes there are bleachers) and proceed to eat a bagel. Grizzly Adams walks up and says, "Having a snack huh?"

I'm reminded of that scene in dumb and dumber where Jim Carey walks out of the 7/11 and up to a group of guys and says, "Big Glups, huh guys?"

Awkward silence followed by, "Ok, see ya later!"

Table 44 seat 1

Table draw:
Seat 1: jdn
Seat 2: an older version of grizzly Adams. Turquoise bracelet in tow.
Seat 3: rwg
Seat 4: younger Asian guy. His voice sounds like he's on helium.
Seat 5: rwg
Seat 6: rwg
Seat 7: random middle aged white lady, our tournament's Tiffany Michelle.
Seat 8: rowg
Seat 9: rwg on the younger side

With blinds at 2400/4800, I'm on the small blind to start and it's folded to me. I raise and take down the big blind. I show A2 as I fold.

It's folded to me on the next hand and I raise and take down the blinds. I show A2 as I fold. This is a set up and it will allow me to open up my range of starting hands as the tournament progresses.

Someone, the dealer or old grizzly Adams smells like old balls. I'm leaning towards the grizz and his beard being the culprit.

I'm crushing the table in the first two levels of play. I'm the only one raising preflop, a lot. Old grizzly Adams is playing back at me with bad hands and I've quartered him a couple of times.

125K and climbing.

I over play QQ against the Asian guys AA. I ship him 30k but he thought he was calling with the worst hand. I like where I am. 90K.

With 12 people left I get moved to the nine seat at the other table. About 98k.

Final table of 10. Technically we need to lose 1 player to make the "real" final table. We're playing 10 handed cause they need to start the other final that runs at 4.

I got about 80K. Jason with the bald head and braves jersey is to my left and both Grizzly Adams are here as well as our faux Tiffany Michelle.

I'm considering buying into the HORSE tournament that starts at 4pm.

I stopped writing down hands because I get completely fucked with 8 people left. I raise to 10k with AA39 and get called by the lady in the small blind and random old dude in the big blind. The lady leads out on a flop of Q 3 5. Old guy calls and I raise. Call call. Turn is a 7 and the lady bets again. The river is an 8. She bets again and the old guy calls. Is there anyway I'm getting half this pot? I call. She turns over KK62 for the 62 low and he shows 367J for two pair. WTF!

I'm down to 15000.

I stand up, knocking over my chair, and head to the registration desk to buy into the horse. But I can't. I was told I could buy in any time in the first level. Its still the first level. I walk over to the TD and she says I can still buy in. I give my ID and cash and ask her to buy me in. I come back to the Omaha table shortly before she returns and she tells me I can't play the HORSE. Its sold out. Fuck you people. You run your tournaments like a 5th grader would. How do you sell out of a tournament when there are 15 open tables.

I take my money back and push my chips all in when I look down at A589. 4 calls and I scope the main pot when two 5s flop.

Somehow the chick manages to lose 60K in chips in about 3 hands and she's out in 8th.

I get it all in with A289 3 diamonds. I get called by the chip leader with A3T6 and after a flop of 2 T 7, I brick out in 7th.

When I cash out, the lady says congratulations. STFU!

At least that covers my ticket I got on the drive out here.

jdn

No comments: