11.21.2008

BC Poker Championship Day 2

I don't get to say day 2 very often and of course I get the big blind to start the day. Blinds are 400/800 with a 25 ante. Shuffle up and deal.

Table 34 seat 1

Table draw:
Seat 1: jdn
Seat 2: Asian Canadian
Seat 3: Young white Canadian
Seat 4: old white Canadian
Seat 5: young white Canadian
Seat 6: another old white Canadian
Seat 7: that Timex kid
Seat 8: young white Canadian
Seat 9: a Daniel wannbe. It's actually kinda funny. He's rocking the hat, goatee, and hockey jersey. I'm gonna try and take a pic.

Here's to hitting a set today!!!

We start about 25 mins late in real time, but in Canada time, we're right on schedule.

The table breaks and I get moved to table 17 seat 4. David Williams is in seat 3 and Steve Sung is in seat 2. Both of them have chips but I have position! Double snap.

Position pays off. (not really). In early position Mr Williams raises to 2200. I reraise to 6200 with QQ. He calls and on a flop of 4 7 8 he pushes in. He's got me covered and I got about 14k left.

Ok, now this where position comes into play. He's all in and I getting think about my next move (not really).

I call pretty quickly as he shows 66. The queens hold up and I'm up to 42k. But the bastard pays me in $100 and $25 chips. At least I have the biggest chip stack at the table.

David busts shortly after and he's replace by a random Canadian who picks up KK in his first hand at the table. The flop is queen high and he runs into a set of tens that seat 6 has. It was questionable if the guy should have even got dealt a hand because the dealer waited for him to sit down before she dealt.

On the very next hand, the older lady in seat 1 limps and the new guy shoves in for 3200. I look down at 77 and make it 6K to go. Seat 6 makes it 20k. Damn it. The lady folds and I think about it for a second before folding.

Seat 6 opens up AA, the new guy shows QQ, and the lady says she had 99. Wow I was in last place there and it cost me 6k.

The board runs out 5 6 8 4 K. Crap!!

35000 at first break. Gavin has 32000 so we make a $500 last longer.

I get up to around 42k before this hand comes up. Raised in early position to 3k it's called by 4 players and I'm in the cut off with KJ off. The flop is J 9 4 and it's checked to me. I bet 6500, fold, all in, fold, back to me. I call. It's only about 3k more to call.

He shows QJ. The turn is a T and then rivers the K for a str8. Bah!

Back down to 25k. Right where we started the day.

A few hands later I bust seat 10 with aces. He only had 6600 but I'll take it. I need it.

With blinds at 800/1600 and a 150 ante, the crazy old guy in seat 8 makes it 5K. It's folded to me in the big blind. I look down at Jacks. Aiyeah. I know this guy is a slow rolling nutter. I consider sticking it all in but I decide to just call the 5k.

The flop is A something something. I check, he checks. Interesting. The turn is a Jack. Ding! I check and the nutball bets 5K again. I think he might actually be weaker than I thought. But he's crazy, I don't think he can read the chip denominations. I raise him to 13K and he cant get his chips in fast enough. I open my set, first one of the tournament, and he takes for ever to show AK. Steve Sung says I thought I was getting slow rolled.

90K. I like it.

I work my way up to over 100K before I butt heads with the internet kid. I met him the other day at the Pstars party but I can't remember his name. Maybe Joe or something. Anywoo. I'm on the big blind, "Joe" is in the small blind and Steve Sung is on the button. Steve raises it to 4100 and both of us call. I got 44. The flop 5 6 T. Checked around. The turn is another 5 and Joe checks to me. I bet 7500, Steve folds, Joe raises 16000 more. I call pretty quickly thinking he's either on complete air or a flush draw. I can get away from the hand if a scare card comes on the river but I soooo sure I'm ahead here.

The river is an ace. Fuuuuuck. That's one I didn't want to see.

It takes "Joe" forever to check. I see that he has 30K left but I'm going to go with my read. I check. He shows AJ and I show him my 4s before tossing them into the muck.

70K at dinner break. This is my second one in a row! I'm a roll.

JDN

No comments: