11.23.2008

Venetian Deep Stack Main Event

20K in chips, 90 minute levels. I could be here awhile.

Table 27 seat 7

Table draw:
Seat 1: rpg
Seat 2: empty
Seat 3: rwg with a Berkeley shirt on and a Cal tattoo on his neck. This mofo is hardcore. Too bad he sucks at poker.
Seat 4: Dr. Cancer. An rwg who mention he was a Dr of something to do with cancer. Good thing he has a day job.
Seat 5: empty
Seat 6: aggressive Asian kid with hairy knuckles.
Seat 7: jdn
Seat 8: empty
Seat 9: rwg with matching cold sore herpes looking things on his upper and lower lip. I don't really want any of those chips.
Seat 10: rag. Non-SAG but he maybe color blind. He can't tell the difference between the $100 chips and the $500 chips.

They only sold 8 of the 10 seats at the table and seat 2 hasn't shown up yet. So we're playing 7 handed.

Herpes guy is eating food from the free Buffet and his chicken smells like cat food.

I still can't flop a set. I can only turn them. I hit the 3rd deuce on the turn to take some chippies from seat 9.

Seat 8 just sat down. He's a rag with a high possibility of SAGness.

Seat 2 gets here too. He's a younger white guy wearing an Affliction type shirt with a bedazzled hoodie, avatar sun glasses, and head phones.

21725 at break.

I video poker at break and hit quads twice for $800. A third of my buy in is paid for. I'll have to hit up the blackjack tables next break to see if I can freeroll this thing.

Michael Binger moves into seat 5. I got position!!!

Man I gotta give up those A high calls. They just get me in trouble and I never win. I called seat 2 down with AQ on a 9 high board and lost 2400. I called based on his appearance since he looked kinda douchey. I wonder if he dresses that way on purpose.

Well that was a waste of level. I end it with 17500. I think I should have kept playing video poker.

I lose close to 10k when I run into a set of sixes. The next hand I have 55 miss my set but still win the hand.

This whole not flopping a set thing is starting to tilt me. It's like I'm the ugly girl in high school that no one will ask to the prom. Everyone is hitting sets except me.

The table breaks and I get moved to table 31 seat 2. I'm too pissed to do a table draw but Chad Layne (or Chad Moore, I can't remember which) is in seat 7 and Frankie O'Dell is in seat 8. Frankie is also know for over selling himself and then making the final table at the bike a few years ago. Brilliant. How the hell do you get out of the first level when you've oversold yourself? But he's also got two bracelets in Omaha, so go figure.

7500 in chips.

Pocket 8s. No set.

Chainsaw sighting!

Pocket tens. No set.

I raise under the gun with AhAc to 600 and get 6 MOTHERfUCkING callers!!! The flop is 4d 8d Td. It's check to the douche in seat 8 and he bets 2300. That's not a flush. I call. So does Frankie. I'm done with this hand. It's checked around when turn brings a 5. After the 6 on the river, Frankie bets out a couple thousand. The douche in seat 8 raises to 7500 and I muck. Frankie calls and shows the 2d3d. Seat 8 shows TJ off.

And that folks is why you make the final table after over selling yourself.

Ta motherfuckin'da.

For his encore he busts me when my 7s4s can't improve on a 9s 8s Tc board vs his KT.

That was painfull.

JDN

No comments: