11.21.2008

BC Poker Championship Day 2 AD

After dinner I just hemorrhage chips off in a couple smaller pots. I lose 30k with 55 vs 88 against one of the shorter stacks and I'm cut to 28k.

Shirt stack ninja time. No need to panic.

Well I panicked when I got through the blinds with 21k left. With blinds at 2400/1200 200 ante, posh from the button with QT. The wild kid with the boogers calls pretty quick from the small blind and shows As9s.

After a flop of 5s 7s Kc I was drawing slim. But! I had the Queens of Spades! The turn was the Qh and the river was the Qc. Oh snap! 45k

Then the coolest thing evar happen. I wasn't even in the hand. The wild kid to my right moves in but the old guy in seat 10 doesn't see it. He looks at Steve in the big blind and says "I call.". Oops

The internet kid "Joe" actually turns out to Paul Ambrose or something. I think he won a tournament once. And he's a luck sack.

Then they open their hands. The kid has KJ and old bro has A9. THEN the kid hits trip kings to double. Comedy gold I tell you.

30k at break. Gavin has 33k. Were neck and neck.

A couple of hands into the next level I look down at 55 and stick it in. About 29K. The wild kid snap calls with KQ. Really? A queen on the flop ends my day. Gavin follows a few hands later but he wins the last longer. Bastard.

Now I gotta find a flight back to Vegas to catch the Venetian Main Event on Sunday.

J"Can't Flop a Set"DN

No comments: