11.06.2008

$300 Venetian Deep Stack

Pretty sure last time I played a tourney here I won it. That was back in feb, it was an Omaha tourney, and Jeremiah Smith was almost killed by a falling ceiling tile at the mirage. Ahhh good times.

Table 43 seat 1

When I get to the table the dealer isn't dealing in the absent stacks. Whoa buddy. I tell him that he needs to deal them in and he tries to protest before I shut him down. Of course the rest of the table, who have let him do this for a couple of hands, chime in at this point and back me up. Whatta bunch of donks. He goes on to misdeal the 2nd hand of the tournament 3 times before getting it right.

I like this table.

Table draw!!!

Seat 1: jdn
Seat 2: rwg
Seat 3: rwg
Seat 4: crazy old guy with a deep stack hat. Obv a fan of the Venetian
Seat 5: empty
Seat 6: young white guy that looks like Isaac Haxton on roids.
Seat 7: creepy older guy wearing no less than 15 necklaces, 10 bracletes, a dangley earring, lots of turquoise, and a "it's all good" hat. He also can't remember the blinds and basically shows everyone on his side of the table his cards when he looks at them.
Seat 8: young Asian kid wearing a hat, sunglasses and giant headphones. He has to pull his glasses down to look at his cards and pull his headphones back to hear the raises and calls. It's like playing with Hellen Keller.
Seat 9: empty
Seat 10: mr agressive. definaitely an Internet player.

A rpg sits down in seat 5 and seat 3 reveals himself to be a Canadian. Sly devil.

Seat 9 sneaks in and to everyone surprise, he's a random white guy with brown hair and glasses.

Not much happens in the first two levels. I win two decent pots and lose 1500 with JsJc on a Qd Td 9d flop. Somehow I see the river and call 1k bet from creepy turquoise guy. My read was right, he had 1 diamond but I forgot to factor in the turn and river. A 5 and another 5. He shows the 8d and 5s to take down the pot.

I think I have a recockulous tell on mr agressive. I need to see a couple more hands from him to validate my read.

Creepy turquoise guy doubles through the Canadian in probably one of the worst plays i've ever seen from two players. Needless to say turquoise guy check raises the flop with 2 pair and the Canadian calls with AJ. The turn is the Ac which puts 3 clubs on board and turquoise guy can't get his chips in fast enough. The Canadian calls and I'm quite confused. The 2 pair improve to a full house on the river after the Canadian asks for the board to pair. WTF?

I love my table.

We get a new seat 8 after the deaf, dumb, and blind Asian kid donates his chips to seat 9. I can't tell if seat 8 is a guy or a gal. The frame is def female but his/hers/it's voice is very male. It kinda looks like this lesbian chick I went to high school with. Weird.

12,275 at break. I was completely card dead for levels 2 and 3. But I don't need to push it. The game will come to me. I'm zen. Thanks to 3 very spicy bloodly marys.

Sometimes I get bored and decide to play hands that I shouldn't. Well, I think it would've worked against any other player accept mr agressive. I'm in the small blind and it folded to him on the button and he makes it 600. I had decided to reraise him with anything before the hand is even dealt.

So I looked down at T7 off and reraise him to 1700. He calls pretty quickly and I bet out 2500 on a flop of A 3 J. He calls. Crap. What are the chances he's got an ace? I mean really? The turn is an 8. I got outs. Snap. I bet 3500. He calls. Fucker.

This is the first hand I have played in two levels. Does he think I'm joking? (even though I am). I'm begging for a 9 on the river but it's a jack. Damn. I actually think about pushing my last 6k in. He should be good enough to lay his A6 or whatever down if I shove. Then there's always the off chance he's got a jack.

I'm done with this hand. Hopefully he bets so I don't have to show my embrassassing hand. He checks and shows A9. Thank you kind sir. I muck and pick up some more information on this goofball.

I steam call the next hand with Th 7h. I win the 3 way pot with a board of 8s 7s 3s 3d Ah. Back up to 9K.

The crazy turquoise guy is telling the table about the time he died in a motorcycle accident.

Isaac Haxton on roids just busted creepy turquoise guy with a two-outter on the river. I giggled.

I'm a rollercoaster. At my lowest I was a 4k. Then I worked it up to 25k. Now I'm at 5500.

I lost 40k pot towards the end of the level. Mr agressive raises to 1800 with blinds at 300/600. I call with jacks expecting to be playing the goofball heads up but the guy on the button decides to be a pain and calls. The flop is 3s 8s 9c. I bet out 2500 after the goofball checks and the but just calls. Flush draw? Prob. The turn is a Th. I bet 6K and the diggleberry on the button moves in. I don't give it much thought because I have an open ender now too. So I snap call. He shows T9. Ok I need a 7, Q, or a jack. Thats a lot of outs. Right?

The river is the 7s. Snap ship it. I look back at his hand to double check and low and behold he's got the Ts 9s. Damn it all to hell! Fuck shit!

This knocks me down to 6100.

I fold to the break and go into the 400/800 75 ante level with 5500. I'm under the gun when I get back. Gonna be sticking it in with just about any playable hand.

First hand back I look at Js Ts and let it rip. Its folded around to the goofball who quickly calls with a pair of 8's. With an 8 on the flop I'm drawing thin. The turn and river blank out and I bounce out the front door.

This is getting really brutal. Last I counted I have two cashes since starting this blog. One was a win, which is nice, and the other was in the BARGE main event which is like cashing... well, cashing the BARGE main event. LA Mike on the other hand is 1 for 1 and making me look bad.

To be fair I am playing some tournaments right. I've satellited into all of the big tournaments, even the WSOPE main event. It just doesn't seem like I'm getting any result other fail and sat wins and that is something that needs to change. Next week I'll heading to beautiful Lake Tahoe to play the WSOPC prelims. I'm really going to change my game for these events and just start firing. This playing tight BS is really getting on my damn nerves.

Hopefully we'll get some more post from the LA Mike soon. He can bring some hope to this depressing recount of my poker failings that pokerwtf has become.

JDN

No comments: