11.11.2008

$300 Omahahaha Hi Lo (that joke is only funny once but I'll continue to beat it to death)

When playing Omaha you need to entertain yourself because its such a boring game. Thank god Monday night football is on.

So instead of recording anything before the first break, I'm going to tell a story from last nights cash game.

The random donks playing the 3/5 game, where cash does not play for some reason, start talking about the main event. A young lady at my table, who's boyfriend went deep, is talking about how she was on tv for a spilt second and how she has become a local celebrity because of it. Random Joe, two to my right, starts talking about how some donkey (ironic, I know) knocked out his friend deep in the main event. The aforementioned girl chimes in, "Was it Jeremiah Smith?"

I LOL 'd so hard I almost fell out of my seat.

Poor Jeremiah. He's like the Rodney Dangerfield of poker. No respect.

5k at break.

I got absolutely brutalized by the 4 of spades on the river in two consecutive hands. I'm kinda bitter about them so I'm not going to recount them here.

Guess I'll do a table draw...

Table 39 seat 1

Seat 1: jdn
Seat 2: Jason something. I see him in vegas all the time and he always wears sports jerseys.
Seat 3: gorilla knuckles. I don't know what this guy does for a living but he uses his hands. He's got the most calused knucks I've ever see.
Seat 4: Clueless girl. She's having a hard time playing with 4 cards. She actually said "this is not like the Internet."
Seat 5: completely random white guy
Seat 6: completely random white guy #2
Seat 7: another random whitey
Seat 8: random with a handle bar mustache and some weird googley eyes
Seat 9: and... Another random white guy.

There's never any entertaining personalities in Omaha. Probably because half the field is near death. I'm going back to abberivations for descriptions.

In the 200/400 level I actually win a big hand. I hit the nut flush on the turn in a big 4 way pot. I pray for the board not to pair and it doesn't!!! Holy moley. And...! I get two calls on the river.

I turn over the hand with the Ah 6h 7h and gorilla knuckles shows 5h 8h 9h. The clueless girl shows broadway. That's alotta hearts. Then the dealer mucks my hand. Whoa there motherfucka! I fish my hand out of the muck and get my chips.

Back up to 6k. Starting chips!

Then I get fucked. Again. I got AJ36 on a board of 7 6 6 5 2. Don't worry. My hand is only good for a quarter of the pot.

1600 left in the 300/600 level.

Somehow I make it through the level with 2600. Now we take an hour dinner break. WTF? We just started 4 hours ago. Jeebus.

In the 400/800 level I'm down to 2000 when I see a flop with A36T. It falls 7 4 2 and I get it all in on the turn and called 4 ways. It holds, and I double to 4k. Woot.

I double again in a 4 way limped pot when I hit a straight flush and a wheel with the awesome starting hand if 2s 2h 4d 6d. 8100. Yeah boy!

I sleep through the 800/1600 level and somehow end up with 20Kish at break. Not sure how I got there. I also realize that I've only had 4 hours of sleep in the last 42 hours or so. And I've only eaten a del taco burrito and two tiger's milk bars in that time. This can't be good for me.

I refuse to eat the free food here or eat at the table, so I guess I'm going to starve for a while.

I get moved to table 40 seat 9.

I won't do a table draw but Grizzley Adams is in seat 2 and the Asian Chris Ferguson wearing Andy Bloch's hat is in seat 5.

I scooped a massive pot with 2s 4h Js Jh on a board of 7d 7c 3c Ac Jc. Seat 1 and Asian Chris Ferguson were all in during the 4 way pot. 34K. Snap!

I get moved to a new table and everyone here is rather dull. No new table draw! But there are a lot of chips on the table.

I'm too tired to write any hands down. I flopped two full houses twice and move to another table with about 40K. That's down from my high 49K when I has 2nd best flush and 2nd best low on a paired board with all three players with a flush in a massive 70K pot.

$44,500 at break. 24 players left. 18 pay. Which is stupid. 18th pays $365 for a profit of $35. 1st is 9K. And no ring for the winner. I quit.

We hit the money at 2:45am. Handlebar Mustache guy is the bubble dude. Haha. Clueless Chick is out too. Double haha. 18 players left and I think I'm in 3rd with $70,500. We start tomorrow at 2pm. Hopefully we can get done in time for me to play the HORSE at 4pm.

Sleepy time for JDN.

Nighty night.

1 comment:

LA Mike said...

Jeremiah is a legend, everyone loves that dooosh. Good luck tomorrow, should be ez takedown for omahahahaha savant like yourself. BTW, pretty sure jersey wearing guy you're talking bout is Jason Stern. Bald dome? Glglglglglglglglgl...